Oats Vegetable Soup
1 cup Oats
1 large Onion – Finely Chopped
¼ cup Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Corn)
1 Carrot – Cut to Small Pieces
15 Green Beans – Cut to Small Pieces
1 clove Garlic – Minced
1 Green Chillies – Chopped
1 tbsp Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped
A pinch Pepper Powder
3 cups Water
1 cup Skimmed Milk
2 tbsp Oil
To taste Salt
Method of Preparation
- 1 Wash and cut Carrots and Green Beans into small pieces and cook them in a pressure cooker along with peas and corn until 1 whistle. The vegetables should be half cooked.
- 2 Meanwhile, dry roast oats in a separate pan for a minute.
- 3 Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions, green chili and garlic till they begin to sweat.
- 4 Add and heat 1 cup of water in the same pan and transfer the cooked vegetables to this pan and allow cooking for 5 min.
- 5 At this stage, add roasted Oats and remaining water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring so that the Oats do not turn into lumps.
- 6 Now add Pepper Powder, Salt and heat for a minute. Finally add Milk and stir once and boil the mixture for a minute more.
- 7 Garnish the rich and creamy oats soup with coriander.
- 8 Serve hot.