Oats Rava Idli
2 cups Oats - Roasted and Powdered
1 cup Roasted Rava
1 tsp Chana Dal (Bengal Gram)
1 tsp Urad Dal (Black Gram dal)
As required Water
2 cups Curd (sour)
8 – 10 Cashew Nuts – chops
1 ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
2 tsp Cooking Oil
6 – 8 Curry Leaves
Few Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped
2 Green Chilies – Finely Chopped
To Taste Salt
½ tsp Eno (Regular)
Method of Preparation
- 1 Dry roast Oats and Rava in a separate pan till their whiteness disappears and they look brownish. Take them out of the pan and grind Oat flakes to get Roasted oat flour.
- 2 Soak roasted Rava in sour curd for 5 minutes.
- 3 Next, add Oat flour to it and soak it for another 5 minutes.
- 4 Heat oil, add mustard seeds, Bengalgram Dal, Blackgram Dal, cashews and roast till it splutters.
- 5 Pour this mixture onto the roasted Rava and Oats batter.
- 6 Add coriander leaves, Green chillies, curry leaves, salt and Eno to the above batter and mix well.
- 7 The consistency should be similar to be similar to Rava Idli batter consistency.
- 8 Pour the batter into greased Idli plates and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9 Remove the idli from moulds once the cooker cools.
- 10 Serve hot with your choice of chutney.