1 cup Oats
1 small Onion - Finely Chopped
1 medium Tomato – Finely Chopped
½ cup each Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Beans, Carrots, Corn)
1 tsp Urad Dal (Black Gram Dal)
1 tsp Chana Dal (Bengal Gram)
2 Green Chilies – Chopped
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
¼ tsp Pepper Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Cumin Powder
2 cups Water
To taste Salt
1 tbsp Oil
Method of Preparation
- 1 Dry roast oats in a pan and keep aside.
- 2 Heat oil in the same pan and splutter mustard seeds and add chana dal, urad dal and fry in medium high till light brown.
- 3 Add chopped onions, green chillies and turmeric and fry till onion turns golden brown.
- 4 Add rest of the veggies and sauté till the veggies are tender, add water if required.
- 5 Add the oats and the water with required salt and let this cook on medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken.
- 6 Add the cooked green lentil and 1 tsp. of oil along with salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- 7 Remove from heat and serve hot.