1 cup Oats
½ cup Rice Flakes (Aval/Poha/Chivda)
¼ cup Chana Dal (Bengal Gram) - Roasted
2 tsp Oil
20 – 30 Peanuts
10 Cashew Nuts – Chopped
10 – 15 Curry Leaves
2 Green Chillies – Chopped
3 tsp White Sesame Seeds – Roasted
2 tsp Black Sesame Seeds – Roasted
½ tsp Cumin Seed Powder
½ tsp Coriander Seed Powder
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
2 pinches Hing (Asafoetida) Powder
3 tsp Sugar
To taste Salt
Method of Preparation
- 1 Roast oats on low flame until they are crisp & light brown.
- 2 In the same pan, sauté rice flakes on low flame till crisp.
- 3 Heat oil in a pan, add turmeric, hing, curry leaves and green chilies.
- 4 Add chopped cashew nuts followed by peanuts and sauté till they are brownish in color.
- 5 Now add oats, rice flakes, roasted sesame seeds & roasted chana dal along with cumin seed powder, coriander seed powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- 6 Switch off the gas & serve the chivda hot. You can also cool it and store it in an air-tight container.